Looking back at my meal plans for the past two weeks, things have been a little “southwestern” in the dinner department. Something about spicy, cheesy, “yumminess” has been extra appealing to me lately. I’ve tamed those cravings with this salad. It is perfect because I can make it ahead and store it in the refrigerator so dinner is done when I come after being out-and-about all day.
It’s super versatile, and can be eaten:
1 )Just like it is
2) As a salsa, because let’s face it, that’s what it looks like. Add a few tomatoes and voilà! Chips ready.
3) It can be thrown on a bed of greens and dressed up with canned salsa, cheese, and onions for a leafy salad dinner.
I see this salad making a regular appearance in our kitchen this summer because it makes dinner (and lunch) that easy.
Black Bean, Corn, and Cilantro-Lime Salad
- 2 cups of black beans cooked rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime juiced
- ½ tsp cumin
- Cilantro, washed and chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, diced into 1 inch cubes
Combine all ingredients except avocado in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Add avocado right before serving.
Note: This salad can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. (Just make sure to leave out the avocado until serving time!)
Love, Grey & Brianna