Grey is not a huge fan of regular chili. So when I told him we were having white chicken chili, which removes the only parts of chili he enjoys: beef and tomatoes; he wasn’t exactly grabbing his soup-spoon and rushing to the table. While I was cooking he kept hesitantly coming over to the stove, looking over my shoulder, to analyze the whole situation.
Guess what? He liked it.
This chili has the warm feel-good feeling of chicken noodle soup, and a little southwestern kick from the fire-roasted green chilis. We will definitely be putting this one in the recipe box. It would be great “warm-me-up-cause-it’s-cold-outside” soup for the winter.
The best part is that if you make your chicken ahead of time, or even buy a rotisserie chicken from the store, it’s ready within minutes.
1. Begin in heating the oil up over medium heat in a large stockpot.
2. Then add the chopped onion and sauté until the onion becomes translucent.
3. Chop the peppers and add them to the pot.
4. Drain and rinse all beans, add to the pot, while stirring.
5. Add the chicken broth, and return soup to boiling. Once boiling add the chicken, corn, and cumin.
6. Stir to combine, serve.
With sliced avocado, or cheesy jalapeño bread.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe!
LOVE, Grey and Brianna