This salad is so simple and so delicious. Usually broccoli salad includes ingredients like: raisins and bacon. This is a lighter version that has an amazing texture.
Here’s what you’ll need:
2 Crowns of fresh broccoli
1 tsp salt
1 Braeburn apple (other varieties work fine.)
¼ cup of mayonnaise
¼ cup of honey
1 TBS apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup silvered almonds.
Let’s make broccoli salad!:
1. Start a pot of boiling water, with salt.
2. Wash and cut the broccoli into bite size florets.
3. Put broccoli into boiling water for 1 minute.
4. Immediately remove and dunk into ice water to stop the cooking.
5. Strain. Place strained broccoli, into a large bowl.
6. Wash and chop apple, sprinkle in with broccoli.
7. In a small bowl mix together the: mayonnaise, honey, and apple cider vinegar.
8. Drizzle over broccoli and apple mixture.
9. Mix well making sure to coat all the broccoli with the dressing.
10. If there is excess liquid from the apple cider vinegar, strain again and return to bowl.
11. Sprinkle the almonds.
For a printable version of this recipe, click here.
Hope your day is beautiful.
Grey and Brianna